We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Job Title: Mortgage Coordinator
Reports To: Finance Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time OR Nonexempt, Part Time, Paid hourly
Full Time Benefits: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Supplemental Insurance Plans, Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Part Time Benefits: Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Summary: The Mortgage Coordinator is responsible for maintaining all mortgage/escrow accounts for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge, Inc (Habitat). Maintains a close, professional relationship with all Habitat homeowners. Works directly with Habitat homeowners who are in arrears to assist them in getting current and keeps all Habitat mortgage payments and disbursements current in the mortgage system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates appraisals, attends mortgage closings and maintains original mortgage files.
- Maintains organization and monthly reporting for all mortgages that are sold to financial institutions
- Maintains and monitors all Habitat rental property with the EBR Housing Authority.
- Maintains all mortgage records through the mortgage software, Keystone. Inputs all mortgage payments and disbursements.
- Responsible for escrow management and payments including monitoring homeowners’ insurance policies, premiums, taxes and escrow balances on an annual basis.
- Follows the Delinquency and Foreclosure Procedures established by Habitat. Works directly with all homeowners in arrears to assist them in getting current. This includes, but is not limited to, sending letters, making phone calls and holding meeting
- Coordinates foreclosures when all other options have been exhausted. Works closely with the Executive Director to recommend upcoming foreclosures.Works with foreclosure attorney to provide all necessary information for filing and execution.
- Coordinates mortgage pay offs including filing mortgage cancellations with the Clerk of Court.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personal homeowner information.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Finance or accounting experience required. Mortgage Servicing or Collections experience preferred
- 1-3 years experience working with the low-income population preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as closing disclosures, operations manuals, etc.
- Ability to speak effectively and maintain productive relationships with Habitat staff, board members, partner families and volunteers
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Ability to learn Habitat’s mortgage database software, Keystone
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with arms; may have to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions, including extreme heat, when working on construction sites for occasional staff build days
- Normal office conditions when working in the office
- The office is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Schedule to be determined based on applicant’s experience and individual circumstances
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Baton Rouge, LA (Required)