Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge is a Christian-based ministry that builds and renovates houses in partnership with the community. We provide opportunities for families in need to purchase their own homes, build community and improve their lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge is a non-profit, Christian-based housing ministry that works in partnership with deserving, low-income families and the community to eliminate poverty housing through building simple, decent homes. We help build community by involving diverse religious, social and business groups in the construction of homes and neighborhoods.
- In our 28 year history, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge has renovated and built more than 345 homes in the Baton Rouge metropolitan area.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge, Inc. (HFHGBR) serves a four parish area including East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Iberville, and Ascension Parishes, covering more than 1,500 square miles of land.
- Habitat is not a handout but a “hand up.” Homes are sold to partner families at no profit, and financed by Habitat with an affordable, no-interest twenty year mortgage.
Founded in Americus, Georgia, USA, in 1976, Habitat for Humanity today operates around the globe and has built decent, affordable houses in 70 countries and in 1,400 US communities, sheltering more than 1 million families.
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ.
- Focus on shelter.
- Advocate for affordable housing.
- Promote dignity and hope.
- Support sustainable and transformative development.
Habitat for Humanity and its affiliate organizations will not proselytize. Nor will Habitat work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with Habitat. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.