We are currently accepting applications for Critical Home Repair projects WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS OF BATON ROUGE.
The Critical Home Repair program helps low-income homeowners who are affected by age, disability or family circumstances and struggle to maintain the integrity of their homes. Through Critical Home Repair they are able to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity.
Habitat’s work through the Critical Home Repair Program will include disability accessibility modifications (wheelchair ramps, grab bars, and handrails), various exterior repairs (doors, windows, porches) and other health and safety home repairs.
Critical Home Repair is NOT an emergency repair program. This program is for minor repairs meant to keep the home safe and healthy.
Ineligible projects include:
- Mold remediation
- Floor damage
- Foundation work
- Fire repair
- Repairs to mobile homes
We accept families/individuals for our Critical Home Repair Program based on the following criteria:
- Project must be located within Baton Rouge city limits.
- Home must have been built after 1978.
- Applicant must own and reside in the home.
- Applicant must have current full coverage homeowners insurance.
- Applicant must be current on all payments/ taxes or have the home paid off. (No liens placed on the home)
- Work requested must meet our repair guidelines.
- Applicant must be present during the duration of the repair work.